Sunday, October 18, 2015

Oh my gosh, I did it

Yesterday I glanced through to see how many posts my other blog (fastwatersrunshallow) had, and I saw that I started blogging on blogger in 2005, so I took a nosey at some of the posts.  I was such a different person back then.  I was cool.  I was active.  I was who I wish I were now.

And so, inspired by my 34 year old self I actually went swimming today!  First time in over 8 years!  To say I was hesitant is an understatement, and I wasn't even sure if I was going to go, but I did!

I told myself that all I had to do was go to the complex, and if the carpark looked too full I could turn around and come back home and give it a go another day, so no pressure.

I put my suit on at home before I left.  I had butterflies.  I checked myself out in the mirror, I'm such a little barrel!  Hahaha - okay, it's not really funny but I'd rather laugh than cry!  Took a couple of selfies, which freaked me out even more, but hey girl, that's the truth, that's what you look like!  And then I left the comfort of home for the insecurity of a pool I didn't even know the exact location of.

Got to the pool and the car park looked pretty full, but I took a deep breath and went in anyway, and I am so glad I did!  There were 6 swim lanes, and only 8 people.  I was so relieved.  The nice gentleman at reception told me where the changing rooms were (I'm sure I would have figured it out, but I told him it was my first time so he was super nice.  I can't believe I was so nervous I said it was my first time!  Such a dork!)  And into the pool I hopped.

I managed to do 12 lengths, stopping after each length.  I think they were 12.5 metre lengths, which meant I swam a whole 150M ... bah ha ha ha haaaaaa!  But you gotta start somewhere.

My two biggest worries were that my swimsuit was so old it might disintegrate in the pool and I'd end up starkers, or that I was going to get a big cramp and have to be rescued.  Fortunately neither of these things happened, so I left with my dignity intact.  Huge sigh of relief!

I was so proud of myself I ended up texting 4 of my friends!  Like I said, dork!

But I did it!  Yes!  And next time will be so much easier because I know where the pool is, and the layout.  Hip hip hooray!

And TJL is proud of me too  *happy face*

No comments:

Post a Comment